Wednesday 20 November 2013

DIY: Christmas Gift/Cookie/Candy Jar!


Good day everyone! Today I will be sharing a very easy and affordable holiday DIY! It can make a great gift with some candy, trail mix or cookies! Or you can just admire it placed on your beautiful mantle. Everything about it spells C-H-R-I-S-T-M-A-S!!!

It looks so festive, really got me into the holiday decorating/creating mood!



First start with taping the jar, (it looks great when you can see the goodies inside)




I did not want symetric stripes, so went with broad and narrow ones. Then began the spray painting.

You will need to coat twice so the white is evenly painted. After thoroughly dry, begin to take off the tape carefully.




 I was a bit hasty thus explaining the staining at the back, need to keep patient and my hand steady!

Then I made my roses and leaves using colored crepe paper. First cut out about 2-3 inches and then begin rolling away.


 Keep the glue handy as the flower may just decide to undo itself, and you will need it to stick perfectly

Don't worry if you don't get it perfect the first time, practice will give finesse to the flowers!

 Voila! My beautiful rose!



 Cut out the leaves to go with the roses.


After you are happy with the flower and leave arrangement, begin gluing it together.


I also covered the lid, so the color and texture would match.


 Then I assembled my flowers and this is how it turned out. Really happy with the final look. All festive and calls out for celebration time!

 No holiday is complete without sweets, so fill in your favorite goodies.


So get crafty and make this great jar, gift it to your loved ones who will LOVE the effort and Christmas spirit or keep it for yourself. In any case this holiday DIY craft will be admired by all!

Happy Creating Everyone!

xoxo
Eva

2 comments:

  1. Super cute, Eva! I love the little flowers, but I have to say my favorite part is the chocolate. I would never be sad getting chocolate as a gift. Thanks for the tutorial....pinning! LOL...I hope you are having a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you liked it Amy. Ah I had Monday blues, but much better now since we are half way through the week :) Have a great day!
      xoxo

      Delete